Content Manager – England Football
Content Manager – England Football
Title: Content Manager – England Football
Reporting to: Senior Brand Manager – England Football.
Contract: Fixed-term contract to July 31st, 2022
A newly created role in The FA, you will lead on content strategy, planning and execution for the recently launched England Football brand and key grassroots programmes. You will be tasked with developing compelling content strands and campaigns that best tell the story of England Football, in line with the Commercial and Marketing department’s wider strategy.
· Oversee content strategy across England Football’s owned and operated channels
· Manage agency and vendor relationships to guarantee delivery of best-in-class content execution
· Contribute to a cross-platform content strategy that is aligned to national team’s strategic goals and positioning
· Collaborate with The FA’s Content section to develop a seamless execution
· Support The FA’s communications team by ensuring social media output is closely aligned with agreed external messaging
· Support commercial and marketing objectives by driving the creation of industry-leading and audience-first campaigns and content formats that deliver the mutual aims of The FA and its partners
· Provide regular and detailed insights into the performance of England Football’s social media content to the rest of the business, driving an evolving strategic approach
· Support the England Football SBM & W&G marketing executive on the development of marketing plans for England Football & key grassroots programmes that deliver against the strategic objectives working with internal & external agency teams.
· Work collaboratively with the Grassroots Football division ensuring the planning and execution of projects are reaching mutual goals for England Football.
· Be the guardian for England Football brand across all owned and operated channels, ensuring look, feel and TOV remains consistent to brand guidelines.
· Brief and deliver marketing materials (such as digital, social media assets) required to effectively support campaigns – creating high-quality elements for all relevant channels in a timely manner.
· Be responsible for the budget management of each content initiatives content & agency relationship ensuring delivery within budget.
· Executes additional tasks as required to meet FA Group changing priorities
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following skills and attributes:
· Developed owned and operated content strategies for largescale channels
· Strong evidence of creating engaging, entertaining and informative content
· Experienced in the management of agencies and suppliers
· Clear understanding of the social media landscape
· Previous experience in a professional sports environment
· Knowledge of social media analytics, including key metrics and how to use them to measure performance
· Ability to produce and share short-, medium- and long-term content plans
· Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
· Strong influencing skills that can be used to good effective both internally and externally.
· Excellent project management skills.
· Experience of working for a brand or publisher
· Journalism background and qualification (e.g. NCTJ)
· An understanding of the grassroots game
· Strong understanding of paid social media advertising
· Proficient user of image-editing software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop)
· Proficient user of video-editing software (e.g. Adobe Premiere Pro)
Hard-working, flexible and adaptable
Strong work initiative with a 'can do' attitude
The ability to learn new skills quickly and share knowledge
A commitment to continual professional development
An interest in all forms of digital media
Salary: Commensurate based on experience
Holiday: 20 days (increasing by one day per year of service, to maximum 25 days)
· Half mobile phone-bill and full home broadband paid
· Tax-free cycle scheme
To apply, please send your CV to and within the subject line, include your name and the role you are applying for.
Seven League has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We will not be able to offer sponsorship for this role, so only applicants with the right to work in the UK should apply.
Application closing date 20th June 2021.