Digital Research Analyst
Digital Research Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: London (Angel Islington office)
Seven League is looking for a digital research analyst to work on an array of prestigious clients in the sporting world. This is a new full-time position adding to the researcher team within 7L, currently five people.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering email including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Seven League is a fast-developing and award-winning digital consultancy specialising in sport. We have a wide range of clients, national and international, reaching all sectors of the sports business – from venues to teams to governing bodies and sponsors. We work with some of the world’s highest profile sports tournaments, organisations, clubs and events.
We provide consulting services focussed on accelerating our clients’ digital performance. Our mission is to transform the connections between sports, sponsors and their fans.
Our key areas of expertise include:
- Business Transformation: digital strategy development, commercial valuation, performance monitoring, localisation, research & insight
- Content: strategy, creation and management
- Technology: service design, strategic partnerships, tech triage
We operate primarily in Europe however there is a growing demand for the company’s services internationally.
Key client portfolio: UEFA, Tottenham Hotspur, NBA, NHL, NFL, FC Barcelona, FIFA, Leicester City, Juventus, Sport England, Great British Racing, Green Bay Packers, Newcastle United, England Netball.
Title: Digital Research Analyst
We need a bright, intelligent, hard-working and capable person to join us as a Research Analyst. Primarily focused on preparing insightful reports from multiple data sources, our researchers also need to react to the needs of the business – these may include tasks from booking travel tickets to presenting research reports to resource planning and milestone tracking to representing Seven League as an assistant consultant in front of clients.
The right individual for this role will have a broad range of skills and will be looking for a varied role in which they will be challenged and will grow rapidly by rising to those challenges.
Responsibilities may include:
- Analysis of data from multiple web analytics sources, e.g. Google Analytics, Facebook Insight, Twitter Analytics, YouTube Analytics
- Audience and market research
- User experience research/ testing
- Liaising with a content-creation network of users or freelancers
- Social media management, content generation and publishing, content planning and evaluation
- KPI tracking
- Resource planning, project management and milestone tracking
- Online and offline marketing (including basic SEO of content)
- Assisting in business development processes, including research, analysis, funnel management and pitching
The ideal candidate will possess a good combination of the following skills and attributes, in this priority order; Seven League is staffed by experts in digital who also happen to have an interest in sport- not the other way around.
Some previous professional experience in working with the tools described below.
1. Demonstrable understanding of web and social media analytics tools and an inbuilt curiosity for digging into data at a granular level (e.g .Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, YouTube Analytics, Twitter Analytics)
2. A love of technology and an aptitude for technical exploration; whilst there is no requirement for any coding knowledge, it always helps to understand how the fundamental infrastructures of the internet, websites, and digital platforms work
3. An understanding of how brands commonly utilise the web and social media to grow, engage and monetise their audience
4. An interest in sport and its ability to positively impact society
Personal skills, Education and Training
Highly numerate with good experience of using spreadsheets to understand and manipulate data
Methodologically disciplined with strong attention to detail and continual ability to question assumptions
Active user and advocate of social media with a perspective on the social and media impacts of such products as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Reddit, Snapchat etc.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and present work
· Experience of content creation and management
Understanding of social media and its uses, with an appreciation of marketing, audience segmentation, profiling and content targeting
Bright and intelligent, curious and questioning
Hard-working, flexible and adaptable
Willingness to be flexible in approach to achieve desired outcomes
Ability to learn new skills and share knowledge with other team members
A commitment to continual professional development
An interest in all forms of media
World-leading sports organisations
Salary: Commensurate with experience (please indicate desired salary on your application)
Holiday: 20 days (not including bank holidays and public holidays, increasing by one day per year of service, to maximum 25 days)
- Tax-free cycle scheme
- Performance and salary review on the annual company cycle
- Half mobile phone-bill and full home broadband paid
- Being part of a challenging and high profile company with a great and growing reputation