Title: Esports Manager
Reporting to: Marketing Manager (The FA)
Contract: Fixed-term contract to July 31st, 2022
Responsible for delivery of a best in class esports strategy and the central point for all esports activity at The FA, along with ongoing support of brand marketing activity across England men’s, women’s and development teams.
This is a unique opportunity to take ownership of and develop The FA’s esports activity. At the centre of The FA’s esports activity are our eLions, four of the best FIFA gamers who represent The FA and England at international level. With our four new eLions now in place, upcoming participation in the FIFAe Nations Cup on the horizon and increased interest from commercial partners, we are looking for someone to help establish and drive best-in-class esports activity at this exciting moment.
Reporting into the England brand-marketing manager and leading an external agency, you will work collaboratively to shape a strategy that ensures year on year growth and delivers against KPI’s. The ideal candidate is a highly capable marketing manager, a confident self-starter who can lead agencies and see projects through from initiation to delivery, with sound knowledge of the esports world.
The role also includes on-going support of brand marketing activity across England men’s, women’s and development teams.
Development and delivery of an annual events calendar, setting of KPIs and responsible for delivering short (6-12 month) and long-term (1-3 year) esports strategy
Leading an agency to drive esports activity and key milestones (annual eLions selection, FIFAe Nations Cup involvement, regular esports friendlies) that deliver against KPIs, ensuring year on year growth and alignment to wider departmental goals
The ideation of original and creative esports content, ensuring distribution of said content is aligned to FA channels, partner and participation initiatives, as well as the wider commercial team to develop new and existing commercial partnerships
Internal stakeholder management; reporting and presenting updates on esports activity to key senior stakeholders
Planning and management of a central esports budget and delivery of KPIs against the budget
Relationship building with key third parties (such as FIFA, UEFA and EA Sports)
Ongoing responsibilities including:
· Working day-to-day with the wider marketing team (including the brand, content and CRM teams), as well as other key departments (including the communications, partnerships and technical teams) to drive esports marketing throughout the season
· Working day-to-day with internal agencies (design and video), to deliver supporting esports graphics and video content; submitting concise creative briefs to agencies, to ensure high-quality delivery of assets
· Liaison with key external stakeholders including management of media and creative agencies, plus other suppliers
· Roll out of The FA’s esports brand cross key touchpoints including website, supporters club, social media etc.
· Ongoing support on marketing activity across England men’s, women’s and development teams including asset creation and delivery, ad-hoc campaign support, support at live events such as England fixtures at Wembley Stadium
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following skills and attributes:
Strong evidence of creating engaging, entertaining and informative editorial content
Clear understanding of the modern digital publishing landscape, including emerging trends and future opportunities
Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
A strong storytelling ability and news sense
Proficient user of website content management systems (e.g. Sitecore)
Previous experience in a professional sports environment
Knowledge of website analytics, including key metrics and how to use them to measure performance
Ability to produce and share short-, medium- and long-term content plans
Experience of working as part of a multi-functional team to achieve mutual aims and organisational objectives
Thorough knowledge of football, in particular the England national teams, Emirates FA Cup and women’s game
Flexible approach to working hours and locations
Journalism background and qualification (e.g. NCTJ)
· Experience of working for a brand or publisher
· Strong understanding of social media
· Proficient user of image-editing software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop)
· Proficient user of video-editing software (e.g. Adobe Premiere Pro)
Hard-working, flexible and adaptable
Strong work initiative with a 'can do' attitude
The ability to learn new skills quickly and share knowledge
A commitment to continual professional development
An interest in all forms of digital media
Salary: Commensurate based on experience
Holiday: 20 days (increasing by one day per year of service, to maximum 25 days)
· Half mobile phone-bill and full home broadband paid
· Tax-free cycle scheme
To apply, please send your CV to and within the subject line, include your name and the role you are applying for.
Seven League has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We will not be able to offer sponsorship for this role, so only applicants with the right to work in the UK should apply.
Application closing date 20th June 2021.