Minnesota Vikings Canada Social Media Manager
Seven League is looking for a Social Media Manager (SMM) in Canada to run the Minnesota Viking’s social media accounts in the country (Instagram, Twitter and Facebook Group). This is a part-time role running January – March 2022, with the opportunity to extend for the 2022 season if successful.
We aim to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and are open to interviewing candidates from any gender, race or socio-economic background.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
This role focuses on running the Minnesota Viking’s social media channels in Canada in English language. The ambition is to grow the team in the market through the use of locally relevant, engaging and exciting social media.
The SMM will lead on day-to-day posting and community management of the Vikings Canada Instagram, Facebook Group and Twitter handle. The aim will be to generate growth by driving engagement and exciting existing and new fans.
There will be a focused effort on engaging fans, supporter groups and local influencers through social media. The SMM will develop relationships with key influencers and fan clubs to create a local network of people who can amplify Vikings content – these could be fan club members, celebrities, sports stars, bloggers, gamers, coaches, local teams & players.
• A minimum of two years experience managing sizeable social media channels and audiences
• Experienced admin user of major and new social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok) and key understanding of what content works for each platform
• A passion for the NFL and the Minnesota Vikings
• A good understanding of the Canadian sports market, specifically how to engage fans in the country
• Fluent in English (spoken and written), with perfect spelling, grammar and syntax
• Flexible, reactive and sound editorial judgement
• A finger on the pulse in terms of social media trends, market understanding and the potential application of this information for the Minnesota Vikings
• Ability to locate, engage with, and manage key online influencers in Canada
• Understanding and experience of photo manipulation software – e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
• Understanding and experience of video editing software desirable – e.g. Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut, Avid
Operating Minnesota Vikings Canada social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook Group)
We estimate the role would be 1-2 hours every day to post content, manage the community engagement and develop fan/influencer relationships
Plus, live social media coverage of key games and events, e.g., NFL Draft
Interviews to take place via Zoom
Invoices paid on a monthly basis for a set amount
The successful candidate would be expected to use their own computer, but Seven League would provide professional level subscriptions to tools like GDrive and Slack
Salary: Commensurate based on experience