PR Director (Singapore)
Based in Singapore, the The primary role of the PR Director is to oversee the servicing and growth of the PR division of our regional Asia business. The PR services is a small function of a broader digital services which we expect to grow by serving our existing clients of professional sports, teams, leagues and athletes. The role will be engaged directly with client facing, servicing those clients, and it will include building teams and experience in our people across the region. Business development experience helps but not a must, we’re really after a good operator and well experienced person to grow the division within our group.
- Develop strategic PR plans for the region, including Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, India and Singapore
- Preparing press releases, media stories and other materials required to drive performance
- Develop resources, freelance or full time in key markets for engagement with local media and execution support for your work
- Build presentations, attend pitches, work proactively with other teams in the business to help sell in new PR services to existing clients and new
- Engage regional country managers and train or explore solutions to building resources within the region
- Develop reporting templates and insights that can better guide performance and report to client’s progress and success
- Manage resources across region, train, develop and ensure they continue to grow within our culture and structure
- Report on monthly performance to upper management, making recommendations for continued success and addressing performance issues
You will be assessed across 3 key areas of work:
1. Performance (40%)
a. Has developed a successful track record in client performance by meeting set KPI and team targets
b. Has developed a freelancer and resource network across region to support on PR execution
2. Growth (30%)
a. Has grown the department through new business from existing or new clients within our category of sports
3. Culture fit (30%)
a. Provides a positive and strong culture fit for company
You will report directly to the Group CEO based in Singapore.
- Minimum of 8 years professional PR agency experience within the APAC region
- Minimum of 3 years professional PR agency experience at Director or higher level, leading a team and driving performance
- Proven history of client success, established relationships and maturity in the role
- Experience engaging leadership at regional social media companies, including Line, Facebook, Instagram, twitter, youtube and others
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Excellent collaborator and team player
- English with a second language (ie. Chinese, Bahasa, Vietnamese)
- Previous experience in international marketing digital agency
- Proven communicator with assertiveness
- A very well developed ‘ca\n do’ attitude
- Relationships with key regional media companies
- Good knowledge of sport (it helps)
- Practical, creative and positive attitude
- Some design, video and new media skill helps
You will be expected to work in 5 Shenton Way, UIC Building, L11 JustCo Workplace. Work hours are 9:30am - 6:30pm, from time to time you will be expected to do overtime when necessary. The intended start date may be as early as the week of 1st February 2020
Reach out to Andrew@mailmangroup,com if this job is for you with a cover letter, a brief summary on your experience, interests and resume.
Mailman Group is a global leader in sports digital consultancy and agency services. We drive the growth for many of the world’s largest sporting teams, leagues and athletes as we help to create value all over the world. Our clients include Chelsea FC, NFL, UFC, NHL, Cristiano Ronaldo, NBA and more.
This role is a critical role across our group as we expand into APAC with our world-leading sports digital marketing services. The future role can include promotions to Senior Director > VP > Management Director/Lateral moves to other offices.
- 12 days annual leave
- 17% CPF included
- 13th month bonus
- Up to $1,500 towards medical insurance (subject to final insurance plan)
Our agency observes all standard Singaporean national holidays and festivals.