9 Quotes towards better Leadership
1. “The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects is to change. The leader adjust the sails. Which one are you now?”
2. “5 Principles for people development. (The success in developing others will depend on how well i accomplish each of the following)
a. Value of people. This is an issue of my attitude. b. Commitment to people. This is is an issue of my time. c. Integrity with people. This is an issue of my character. d. Standard for people. this is an issue of my vision. e. Influence over people. This is an issue of my leadership.”
3. “People change when they hurt enough that they have to change, learn enough that they want to change, receive enough that they are able to change.”
4. “According to F.F.Fournies, writing in Coaching for Improved Work Performance, there are four common reasons why people do not perform the way they should :
a. They do not know what they are supposed to do. b. They do not know how to do it. c. They do not know why they should. d. There are obstacles beyond their control. “
5. “Great leaders understand that the right attitude will set the right atmosphere, which enables the right responses from others.”
6. “Most people think that success is learning how to never fail. But that’s not true, Success is learning from failure. Failure is the opportunity to being again more intelligently. Failure only truly becomes failure when we do not learn from it.”
7. “What motivates people?
a. Significant contributions. People want to join in group or pursue a cause that will have lasting impact. They need to see that what they are doing is not wasted effort, but making a contribution b. Goal Participation. People support what they create. When people have given input, they have a stake in the issue. c. Positive dissatisficatoin. Dissatisfied people are highly motivated people, for they see the need for immediate change. d. Recognation e. Clear expectations. “
8. “What demotivates people?
a. Don’t belittle anyone b. don’t manipulate anyone c. don’t be insensitive d. don’t discourage personal growth.”
9. “Does the vision make the leader? or Does the leader make the vision? Try ask this to yourself of how you lead yourself on things you do in life.
Four visions levels of people:
a. Some people never see it. (They are wanderers) b. Some people see it but never pusue it on their own. (They are followers) c. Some people see it and pursue it (They are achievers) d. Some people see it and pursue it and help others see it. (They are leaders)”
10. “All great leaders posses two things: one, they know where they are going, and two, they are able to persuade others to follow.”
————————————————–Quotes from the book “Developing the Leader Within You” by John C. Maxwell