The 5 Cs of Chinese Innovation
Updated: Jun 19, 2019
Many wise men and women before us explain that Chinese innovators use a little something called ‘The 5 C’s.’
The Mailman finds these 5 C’s apply to the Social Media industry just the same.
1. Copy: We always start with something.
2. Combination: By combining two things (i.e., instant messaging and virtual goods), you can get a great idea.
3. Competition: As soon as there are two strong video sites, for example, they need to compete and differentiate, which leads to innovation.
4. Constraints: Because you can’t do everything, the constraints foster innovation, even knew business models
5. China: It has to work for China, and the unique settings of the country, which might be different than for example an Australian consumer.